Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the latest employment numbers, which reflect the deep economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The U.S. economy lost 20.5 million job in April, resulting in a 14.7% unemployment rate with the hardest hit job losses in leisure and hospitality.
Here at JazzHR, we provide small and mid-sized businesses with the tools they need to grow their businesses. That’s why we launched the COVID-19 HR Resource Center – a one-stop for SMBs to access the latest resources and offers needed to navigate this crisis.
In addition to the businesses we serve, JazzHR also understands the unprecedented challenges job seekers face right now. Whether you’ve been let go as a result of COVID-19 or were already searching for a new opportunity, tackling a job search in this economic downturn can be challenging to say the least.
Here’s our list of the top resources for job seekers based on expert opinions from JazzHR staff, our partners, and external industry thought leaders:
- [Blog] How to Format Your Resume for an ATS (like JazzHR)
- [Blog] Recently Laid Off? Here Are the First 5 Things You Should Do
- [Blog] Demystifying Payroll Reduction Terms
- [Blog] Top 5 Free Resources for Recently Unemployed Job Seekers
- [Namely | Blog] 5 Ways to Revamp Your Job Search During COVID-19
- [HumiHR | Blog] Virtual Health Resources for Canadians During COVID-19
- [The Muse | Blog] Job Hunting During COVID-19? 6 Things You Need to Know
- [America’s Job Exchange | Blog] Keeping Up in a Down Economy
- [Bureau of Labor Statistics | Database] Occupational Outlook Handbook
- [CareerOneStop | Database] Unemployment Benefits Finder
- [Internal Revenue Service | News Release] Economic Impact Payments
- [Woken | Blog] Why This Is the Best Time For Career Exploration
- [Coursera | COVID-19 Offer] Free Courses for Career Development
- [LinkedIn Learning | COVID-19 Offer] Free Month of Courses